Note: TERI will get in touch with you in case you face repeated transaction
- 289 million people in India lack access to electricity
- 74 million rural households have no access to electricity and use kerosene for lighting
- 2.2 billion litres per year kerosene burned for lighting (conservative estimate
of 3 litres / household per month)
- Approx 5.5 million tonnes CO2 emitted per year by burning of this kerosene (at 2.5
kg CO2 / litre)
Recognising the need to change the existing scenario, TERI, with its vision to work
towards global sustainable development and its commitment towards creating innovative
solutions for a better tomorrow, has undertaken the initiative of 'Lighting a Billion
Lives' (LaBL) through the use of solar lighting devices.
LaBL facilitates setting up of solar enterprises in energy poor villages that
offer clean lighting solutions to the local people. This initiative:
- Provides reliable and clean illumination that advances education, health, &
- Catalyzes rural solar market through creation of enhanced distribution network.
- Equips local human resources with technical and managerial skill sets for operation
& maintenance through training.
- Replaces the use of polluting kerosene as a lighting fuel
- Facilitates livelihood in villages
- Productive hours in the evening with non-polluting, bright, and reliable lighting
- Income generation for the entrepreneur and the trained repair service providers
- Facilitates education in villages
- Better illumination and additional hours for students to study
- Facilitates health in villages
- Solar lanterns being rented by village level Primary Health Centres
- Facilitates bio-conservation
- Solar lighting in villages within & around eco-reserves acts as incentive towards
wildlife protection by providing alternative livelihood options
For more information log onto : http://labl.teriin.org/
(1) You can sponsor one solar lantern by donating Rs 1500 or you could adopt an
entire village by donating Rs 1,75,000
To donate online click: http://labl.teriin.org/support/support.php#reach
(2) Call us on 0124 – 4928700 or 1800-102-6616 (toll free) - Powered by Bird Group
(3) SMS ‘GREEN’ to 56388
(4) Send a cheque/dd in favour of 'THE ENERGY & RESOURCES INSTITUTE’, payable at
New Delhi and Mail to 'Greenathon, NDTV, Archana Complex, GK 1, New Delhi-48'
This link shall direct you to the TERI website where you can
make donations. All donation amounts are directly credited to TERI’s account. The
role of NDTV is that of a facilitator between the intending donors and TERI, and
NDTV is promoting the TERI initiative on a best efforts basis and in good faith.
All tax exemption certificates (where applicable) that needs to be issued to the
donors under the relevant sections of the Income Tax Act shall be issued by TERI.
All queries related to collection/utilization of funds donated by donors should
be directed to TERI.